Friday, August 15, 2008

Books & Books

Rick, Sophia and Clyde

Having been raised in the shadow of Stanford University, books have always been a part of my life...as have wonderful book stores. I LOVE the smell of books! When we first moved to Florida I searched in vain for the kind of books store I had back home. It wasn't until I walked into Books & Books in Coral Gables and the smell of the printed page wafted through the air that I knew I had found HOME!

Since that day, Books & Books has been a special place to me. It is also a special place to the community of Coral Gables and Miami. It is what a book store is suppose to be...involved with the community. A great place!

They invited Clyde and Rick Cruz to give a talk. I was so excited...well, not about the talk so much, as I was at being able to spend time meandering through rows and rows of books!

BUT...the talk went well and we had a great time. At the end of the talk Sophia, a cute shy little girl from a local school, honored Clyde & Rick with a special thank-you for coming.

No comments: