Sunday, September 11, 2011

SATURDAY & SUNDAY - Labor Day Muck-About (swamp walk)


The joy of being with people who love nature
and enjoy life filled our hearts during the Labor
Day weekend swamp walks. This time of year the
swamp is lush, green and filled with water.
The environment is like walking back in time to
the beginning of earth. There is a peace that
fills my heart every time I enter the swamp.
I'm glad so many others have that joy too!

John discussing the water flow for
the Everglades and Big Cypress
ecosystem.

Robbie found a lost soul/sole in the swamp

John discussing the ecosystem














John discussing the environment

Clyde with swamp guide, John Kalafarski,

Lunch under the chickee

Swamp guide Bob with his fiance Lynn
CONGRATULATIONS!

Firebush

Pond Apple
(or swamp apple)



Rick explaining the importance
of Periphyton to the ecosystem

A brave swamp walker holding
Pariphyton in her hand! Born to
be a biologist?






Rick discussing the ecosystem






Rick pointing out an orchid

Tree Huggers



Thanks to you all for coming to the Muck-About!
If you discovered that Florida has a hidden
beauty that few people know about, share the
discovery with others. Let them understand
that our state is a special place and needs
to be protected.

Niki, Clyde, Rick Cruz and Leslie

6 comments:

Cool Math said...

Nice photos!!

priya said...

Really lovely collection.Thanks for sharing.
i3 consulting

Barsa said...

Awesome post guys!Wow, I love it.Great job.
i3 consulting

Abha said...

nice blog!!! Thanks for sharing...
CE Mark Consultants

Anonymous said...

I could feel the love you have for nature. Do you worry about what lurks in the swamp? You all must be brave. I found this blog because I was given a print that was hand painted byt Nikki. "Lady in Red" I think it is a garden botanical garden. Any way I love it and wanted another because folks love it so much they want it. Whew! I am so glad I found your blog... No way hands off Family. You have to get your own. Thank you for sharing your talent.
Dee-

Unknown said...

Clyde, it was a magical day. thank you for inviting us into your backyard.